1. Register the Provider Domain (Administrator)
Registering a Chalk & Wire's Provider Domain indicates to Blackboard that it is allowed to communicate with Chalk & Wire. The domain is secured with a "key" and a "secret", which will be provided to you by Chalk & Wire.
Step 1: Access Administrator Panel
Step 2: Access Building Blocks
On the Administrator Panel, locate the Building Blocks section.
2. Click on the Building Blocks link.
Step 3: Access LTI Tool Providers
Step 4: Register Provider Domain
On the Register Provider Domain status screen, you will enter all of the necessary information for allowing Blackboard to communicate with Chalk & Wire.
5. In the Provider Domain text-entry box, enter the following text:
6. Select Approved for the Provider Domain Status.
7. It is not necessary to enter anything in the Secondary Hostnames text-entry box.
8. Select the Default Configuration:
- Set Separately for Each Link: This option will require a separate tool provider key and tool provider secret for each LTI link that you create.
- Set Globally: This option will only require one tool provider key and one tool provider secret, which will be used for every LTI link that is created.
9. If you selected "Set Globally", you will need to enter your Tool Provider Key and your Tool Provider Secret.
NOTE: This information will be provided to you by Chalk & Wire.
10. Optionally enter any Tool Provider Custom Parameters in the text-entry box provided. If you would rather enter custom parameters on a per-LTI link basis, you may do so when creating each link.