2. Add LTI Link to the Course (Administrator)
Once you have configured Chalk & Wire as an LTI tool, Assessors will be ready to add the assignment link to your course in Moodle. Once the assignment has been added, Moodle users will be able to use it to link to Chalk & Wire to complete their work.
Step 1: Access Courses
Using the Navigation panel,
1. Click on Courses.
2. Select the appropriate course.
3. Click on the Turn Editing On button within the course.
Step 2: Add an Activity or Resource
4. Click on the + Add an Activity or Resource button.
On the resulting pop-up window,
5. Click on External Tool.
6. Click Add.
Step 3: Enter External Tool Information
7. Enter an Activity Name for the tool.
8. Select the External Tool Type from the drop-down menu. This is where you will select the external tool that you've already created.
9. Select the Launch Container. Most likely, you will leave this as the default.
10. Click on the Show More... link to reveal more options.
11. Enter your Consumer Key.
12. Enter the Shared Secret.
NOTE: The consumer key and shared secret will be provided to you by Chalk & Wire.
13. Enter the Custom Parameters. If you would like to link the course to a specific portfolio page within Chalk & Wire (recommended) enter the following text:
If you would like to use this Placement in an assignment where the TOC ID is used as part of the title in the Assignment Link, and the student ID is included in the launch parameters, enter:
If you would like to use this Placement in an assignment where the TOC is selected from a drop-down menu, and the student ID is included in the launch parameters, enter:
If you would like to use this Placement in an assignment that does NOT link to a TOC but instead links to an actual assignment in Chalk & Wire, enter:
14. Optionally enter an Icon URL. If you would like a Chalk & Wire logo, enter the following text:
15. If you would like to enter a secure icon, enter the URL.
16. Select the Grade Type.
17. Select the Scale.
18. Enter "100" as the Maximum Points.
19. If applicable, choose a Grade Category.
Step 4: Save External Tool
20. Click on the Save and Display button.