1. Configure Portfolio (formerly Chalk & Wire) as an External Tool (Administrator)
Registering Portfolio as an external tool indicates to Moodle that it is allowed to communicate with Portfolio. The domain is secured with a "key" and a "secret", which will be provided to you by Portfolio.
Step 1: Access External Tool Manager
Using the Administration panel on the left-hand side of your screen:
1. Select Site Administration.
2. Select Plugins.
3. Select Activity Modules.
4. Select LTI.
5. Select Manage External Tool Types.
Step 2: Add a New External Tool
5. Click on the Add External Tool Configuration link.
Step 3: Configure the External Tool
6. Enter the Tool Name.
7. Enter the Tool Base URL. Use the link below to copy/paste into this field:
8. Enter the Consumer Key.
9. Enter the Shared Secret.
NOTE: Both the Consumer Key and Shared Secret will be given to you by Portfolio.
10. Enter the Custom Parameters. Use the text below to copy/paste into this field:
11. You MUST select the Show tool type... option to have this tool show up when adding the LTI link to a course.
12. Leave the default option for the Default Launch Container.
13. Click on the Privacy tab to drop down additional options. Use these options to define the parameters that will be sent to Portfolio.
Step 4: Save Changes
14. Click on the Save Changes button.