1. Add Portfolio (formerly Chalk & Wire) as an App (Administrator or Assessor)
Adding Portfolio (formerly Chalk & Wire) as an app will indicate to Canvas that it is allowed to communicate with Portfolio. The app is secured with a "key" and a "secret", which will be provided to you by Portfolio.
Step 1: Access the Appropriate Course
1. Click on the Courses drop-down menu.
2. Select the appropriate course from the menu.
Step 2: Access Canvas' App Store
3. Using the navigational panel, select Settings.
4. On the Settings screen, select the Apps tab.
5. On the Apps screen, click on the View App Configurations button.
New buttons will appear where the View App Configurations button had been.
6. Click on the View App Center button.
Step 3: Find the Portfolio App
7. Enter "Chalk and Wire" into the search box.
NOTE: Do not enter Chalk "&" Wire - the app store will not recognize the ampersand, and will not provide you with the correct apps (if any).
8. Locate and click on the Portfolio app.
Step 4: Add the App to your Canvas
Clicking on the Portfolio app will provide you with an overview of the tool.
9. Click on the + Add App button.
A pop-up window will appear, and will be used to enter your institution's specific Portfolio information.
10. Enter your Consumer Key.
11. Enter your Shared Secret.
NOTE: This information will be provided to you by Portfolio.
12. Click the Add App button.
Step 5: Confirmation
The Portfolio app will now appear in the "Installed" section of the app store.